Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Sports

Sports Basketball, baseball, football, hockey, soccer, Olympics, World Cup, fantasy leagues and/or anything else sports related.

Old Nov 6th 2013, 05:16 PM
Globetrotter

Default Pro-gay official Sochi uniform

The official volunteers' uniform at the sochi Olympics will be a very colourful uniform with rainbow gloves. They are pictured below.
The president of the Sochi Olympic organising committee, Dmitry Chernyshenko, has said of the uniforms "What else can we add about inclusivity?" (link below)
"NEW YORK The president of the Sochi organizing committee said Tuesday there will be no repercussions during the Olympics for anyone who wears rainbow pins or rainbow anything in response to Russia's anti-gay legislation.
"For me it sounds funny that someone is saying, 'I am very brave. I will put my rainbow pin on and let me go to the (jail) in Russia because I will be promoting (gay rights) during the Olympic Games,'" Dmitry Chernyshenko told USA TODAY Sports.
SUPPORT: Celebrities protest Russia's anti-gay laws
OLYMPIC TORCH: In outer space?
"Has anybody noted what kind of uniform game organizers will be wearing?" he said, as he pulled out his iPhone and scrolled to photos of smiling rainbow-hued organizers and then International Olympic Committee president Thomas Bach decked out in the rainbow uniform.
Then he showed a photo of the official Sochi gloves with fingers, you guessed it, colors of the rainbow.
"What else can we add about inclusivity?" he said. "We want the Games to be fairly judged by facts not by rumors.""
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...world/3448741/
Old Nov 6th 2013, 06:04 PM
Globetrotter

Default Re: Pro-gay official Sochi uniform

And here is a picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sochi volunteers gay uniform.jpg (53.1 KB, 1 views)