Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Sports

Sports Basketball, baseball, football, hockey, soccer, Olympics, World Cup, fantasy leagues and/or anything else sports related.

Old Oct 18th 2014, 03:22 PM
Globetrotter

Default Re: American nonsense

True

And, to be fair, Dinara Safina has also been criticized here for her looks; but she simply shrugged it off, unlike the Americans Russians have thicker skins
Old Oct 20th 2014, 01:12 AM
Globetrotter

It appears that while Shamil Tarpischev may have HimHimselfAndHe's support, he certainly doesn't have the support of all Russians.

"Maria Sharapova had strong words for Tarpischev too, for whom she's played Fed Cup for Russia for throughout her career. "I think they were very disrespectful and uncalled for, and I'm glad that many people have stood up, including the WTA," she said. "It was very inappropriate, especially in his position and all the responsibilities that he has not just in sport, but being part of the Olympic committee. It was just really irresponsible on his side.""
http://www.si.com/tennis/2014/10/19/...schev-comments

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; Oct 20th 2014 at 01:20 AM.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 01:18 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
It appears that while Shamil Tarpischev may have HimHimselfAndHe's support, he certainly doesn't have the support of all Russians.

"Maria Sharapova had strong words for Tarpischev too, for whom she's played Fed Cup for Russia for throughout her career. "I think they were very disrespectful and uncalled for, and I'm glad that many people have stood up, including the WTA," she said. "It was very inappropriate, especially in his position and all the responsibilities that he has not just in sport, but being part of the Olympic committee. It was just really irresponsible on his side.""
http://www.si.com/tennis/2014/10/19/...schev-comments
Sharapova lives in Miami, Nick. Not everyone with a Russian name is a Russian.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 01:19 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
Sharapova lives in Miami, Nick. Not everyone with a Russian name is a Russian.
Is Sharapova a Russian?
Old Oct 20th 2014, 01:28 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Is Sharapova a Russian?
Not to me, and not to majority around here. Some still have illusions about her, most do not. A person, a athlete, who claims to represent a country yet does not even live in that country should not be representing the abovementioned country. We should drop her, is what I am saying. Let her play for America, since she loves Miami so much.

In the Soviet days, at least, people actually competed for their country, for the Motherland. Sportsmen and women were paid a tiny fraction of what they earn today, but they were patriots. Now, too many just play for money. A cleansing is needed, in my opinion. Only real Russians should stand for us at international competitions.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 01:33 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Not to me, and not to majority around here. Some still have illusions about her, most do not. A person, a athlete, who claims to represent a country yet does not even live in that country should not be representing the abovementioned country. We should drop her, is what I am saying. Let her play for America, since she loves Miami so much.

In the Soviet days, at least, people actually competed for their country, for the Motherland. Sportsmen and women were paid a tiny fraction of what they earn today, but they were patriots. Now, too many just play for money. A cleansing is needed, in my opinion. Only real Russians should stand for us at international competitions.
And which country did everything it could to buy top sports people from other countries for their Sochi Olympic team? Putin's Russia - the one government that believes a country can buy honour.
"Viktor Ahn (Russian: Виктор Ан; born November 23, 1985), also known as Ahn Hyun-soo (Korean: 안현수) and Victor An, is a Korean-born Russian short track speed skating athlete. After competing for South Korea since childhood, in 2011 he became a Russian citizen and now races for the Russian team. One of the most accomplished short track speed skaters of all time, Ahn won three gold medals and a bronze medal in 2006 Winter Olympics held in Turin, Italy, becoming the most successful athlete there. He has also won three gold medals and one bronze medal in the 2014 Winter Olympics held in Sochi, Russia. He is also a six-time Overall World Champion for 2003–2007 and 2014.[2]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Ahn

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; Oct 20th 2014 at 01:42 AM.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 01:42 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
And which country did everything it could to buy top sports people from other countries for their Sochi Olympic team? Putin's Russia - the one government that believes a country can buy honour.
Viktor Ahn (Russian: Виктор Ан; born November 23, 1985), also known as Ahn Hyun-soo (Korean: 안현수) and Victor An, is a Korean-born Russian short track speed skating athlete. After competing for South Korea since childhood, in 2011 he became a Russian citizen and now races for the Russian team. One of the most accomplished short track speed skaters of all time, Ahn won three gold medals and a bronze medal in 2006 Winter Olympics held in Turin, Italy, becoming the most successful athlete there. He has also won three gold medals and one bronze medal in the 2014 Winter Olympics held in Sochi, Russia. He is also a six-time Overall World Champion for 20032007 and 2014.[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Ahn
And the American snowboarder too. I agree with you, it is wrong.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 04:00 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
And the American snowboarder too. I agree with you, it is wrong.
I realise you agree with me. I can assure you that Norway doesn't buy success, so you should perhaps acknowledge that Russia should follow Norway's example. Norway came 2nd in the Sochi medal table, and all their medal winners had grown up in Norway.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 10:11 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
I realise you agree with me. I can assure you that Norway doesn't buy success, so you should perhaps acknowledge that Russia should follow Norway's example. Norway came 2nd in the Sochi medal table, and all their medal winners had grown up in Norway.
I agree, that is one thing Russia should learn from Norway The only one, however.

On the other side, Norwegian government interferes with families way too much: http://rt.com/news/196532-norway-remove-child-tooth/

Let me tell you something, Nick, if some "authority" here did that, yanked a child out of school and, in essence, abducted him or her, without notifying the parents, over a bloody baby tooth, there would be riots! ONLY the police can remove children from a Russian family, and they better have a damned good reason too. Our government knows that family is the brick you need to build a proper society and not to be screwed around with unless absolutely necessary.

If I were our government, I would most certainly press the Norwegians to return this Russian child to his parents, or we should treat them same as Somalia pirates or any other groups that like to kidnap people. Do no business with them, etc.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 11:59 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
I agree, that is one thing Russia should learn from Norway The only one, however.
Thank you for praising Norway's sports policy.

Quote:
On the other side, Norwegian government interferes with families way too much: http://rt.com/news/196532-norway-remove-child-tooth/

Let me tell you something, Nick, if some "authority" here did that, yanked a child out of school and, in essence, abducted him or her, without notifying the parents, over a bloody baby tooth, there would be riots! ONLY the police can remove children from a Russian family, and they better have a damned good reason too. Our government knows that family is the brick you need to build a proper society and not to be screwed around with unless absolutely necessary.

If I were our government, I would most certainly press the Norwegians to return this Russian child to his parents, or we should treat them same as Somalia pirates or any other groups that like to kidnap people. Do no business with them, etc.
Why do you read that rubbishy media outlet Russia Today? You shouldn't believe the nonsense that they and Fox News say. Are there any quotes from the school or the Norwegian authorities? No - completely stupid journalism - everyone knows we need to hear both sides of the story.

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; Oct 20th 2014 at 12:08 PM.