Discussion World Forum  


Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Science

Science From your kid's science project to relativity, this is the place to discuss it.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 10:48 AM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,835
Default Re: Study finds alcohol is most destructive drug

I've never tried crack or heroin or sniffing glue.

Done all the rest though (not at the same time!)

Peyote is not recommended.
__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 10:28 PM
evanescence's Avatar
evanescence evanescence is offline
Misanthrope
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,040
Default Re: Study finds alcohol is most destructive drug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I've never tried crack or heroin or sniffing glue.

Done all the rest though (not at the same time!)

Peyote is not recommended.
Why not peyote?
__________________
"Never underestimate the capacity of other people to let you down"
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 10:35 AM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,835
Default Re: Study finds alcohol is most destructive drug

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
Why not peyote?
It is an extreme hallucenogenic. And I mean SERIOUS hallucenogenic!

LSD is like candy compared to that stuff!
__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Nov 24th 2010, 03:59 PM
evanescence's Avatar
evanescence evanescence is offline
Misanthrope
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,040
Default Re: Study finds alcohol is most destructive drug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
It is an extreme hallucenogenic. And I mean SERIOUS hallucenogenic!

LSD is like candy compared to that stuff!
I guess we can differ on that opinion.

Natives use peyote in their religious experiences. I can see why.
__________________
"Never underestimate the capacity of other people to let you down"
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Nov 29th 2010, 03:04 AM
Multiplum Multiplum is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 121
Default Re: Study finds alcohol is most destructive drug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
It is an extreme hallucenogenic. And I mean SERIOUS hallucenogenic!

LSD is like candy compared to that stuff!
I thought mescaline was a more "gentle" hallucinogen than LSD. Never tried it, so I can't speak from personal experience.

People react differently to psychoactives, though. Good example again is alcohol. I'm glad I'm not a mean drunk. Some people ought to stay away from the stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Nov 29th 2010, 03:26 AM
Zarquon's Avatar
Zarquon Zarquon is offline
World Citizen
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1,201
Default Re: Study finds alcohol is most destructive drug

I get "happy" with alcohol, and the same plus unofcused with marijuana.
__________________
Veritas Omnia Vincit
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Nov 29th 2010, 01:35 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,835
Default Re: Study finds alcohol is most destructive drug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiplum View Post
I thought mescaline was a more "gentle" hallucinogen than LSD. Never tried it, so I can't speak from personal experience.

People react differently to psychoactives, though. Good example again is alcohol. I'm glad I'm not a mean drunk. Some people ought to stay away from the stuff.
I don't know where LSD got much of a reputation for being a serious drug. Sure its a strong psychoactive drug, but as a hallucenogen, its fairly mild.

With peyote or mescaline, they are extreme hallucenogens.

That's why I say LSD is so much milder. You can function on LSD (just the line between real and fake is fuzzy). One is a complete basket-case on peyote or mescaline (because the line between real and fake doesn't exist at all).

And I've done all of them, so I know. When it comes to hallucenations, mushrooms and LSD are very mild compared to something like peyote or mescaline - there is no comparison at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarquon View Post
I get "happy" with alcohol, and the same plus unofcused with marijuana.
Good to hear that you are a "happy" drunk. Most are, but some minority of the population are NOT happy drunks. Indeed, it almost seems like the chronic alcoholic types are always nasty/violent drunks.

Pot on the other hand seems to produce a range from "happy-silly" to "sleepy-quiet".
__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Nov 29th 2010, 02:02 PM
Americano's Avatar
Americano Americano is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,614
Default Re: Study finds alcohol is most destructive drug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I don't know where LSD got much of a reputation for being a serious drug. Sure its a strong psychoactive drug, but as a hallucenogen, its fairly mild.

With peyote or mescaline, they are extreme hallucenogens.

That's why I say LSD is so much milder. You can function on LSD (just the line between real and fake is fuzzy). One is a complete basket-case on peyote or mescaline (because the line between real and fake doesn't exist at all).
I didn't find functioning behind fresh Windowpane acid in the '60s and 70s at all possible, nor did friends and acquaintances. A straight person on hand was considered a necessity to avoid personal physical damage, arrest for public nudity and bad trips. That was due to dosage as that was greatly reduced in street product in the '80s and even more so in the 90s and beyond.

On the other hand, blotter acid was considered much milder due to poor handling, age (huge batches made at one time and slowly fed into the market) and lower dosages.

Quote:
And I've done all of them, so I know. When it comes to hallucenations, mushrooms and LSD are very mild compared to something like peyote or mescaline - there is no comparison at all!

Good to hear that you are a "happy" drunk. Most are, but some minority of the population are NOT happy drunks. Indeed, it almost seems like the chronic alcoholic types are always nasty/violent drunks.

Pot on the other hand seems to produce a range from "happy-silly" to "sleepy-quiet".
__________________
"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people."
~H.L. Mencken~
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Nov 29th 2010, 07:49 PM
evanescence's Avatar
evanescence evanescence is offline
Misanthrope
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,040
Default Re: Study finds alcohol is most destructive drug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarquon View Post
I get "happy" with alcohol, and the same plus unofcused with marijuana.
I get really happy on alcohol..until someone pisses me off.
__________________
"Never underestimate the capacity of other people to let you down"
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Nov 29th 2010, 07:50 PM
evanescence's Avatar
evanescence evanescence is offline
Misanthrope
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,040
Default Re: Study finds alcohol is most destructive drug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americano View Post
I didn't find functioning behind fresh Windowpane acid in the '60s and 70s at all possible, nor did friends and acquaintances. A straight person on hand was considered a necessity to avoid personal physical damage, arrest for public nudity and bad trips. That was due to dosage as that was greatly reduced in street product in the '80s and even more so in the 90s and beyond.

On the other hand, blotter acid was considered much milder due to poor handling, age (huge batches made at one time and slowly fed into the market) and lower dosages.
yeah..I didn't function well on Acid. Pot is a mild hallucinogen.
__________________
"Never underestimate the capacity of other people to let you down"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 - 2017, DiscussionWorldForum.com