Discussion World Forum  


Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Science

Science From your kid's science project to relativity, this is the place to discuss it.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old Feb 13th 2014, 08:36 PM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
If it's an "overwhelming urge", then it's not a choice.

We don't get to choose our urges.
Yes we do. This is why we can exercise self control. Do you fuck every women that arouses you?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Feb 13th 2014, 08:43 PM
dilettante's Avatar
dilettante dilettante is offline
Moderator
Resident Historian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,082
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
Yes we do. This is why we can exercise self control. Do you fuck every women that arouses you?
No, but I don't get to pick which ones arouse me and which don't. I only get to choose how I respond to that arousal.

You seem to be confusing urges (or arousal, or attraction, or sexual orientation) with actions.

I choose who I have sex with; I don't choose who I'm attracted to.
Why shouldn't the same be true of someone who's gay?
__________________
kyrie eleison
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Feb 13th 2014, 08:56 PM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
No, but I don't get to pick which ones arouse me and which don't. I only get to choose how I respond to that arousal.

You seem to be confusing urges (or arousal, or attraction, or sexual orientation) with actions.

I choose who I have sex with; I don't choose who I'm attracted to.
Why shouldn't the same be true of someone who's gay?
OK. Cool. Now it is interesting. Now you are making sense. You are talking about a man who is born with a sexual desire for another man. This is not specific to one Man. Because just like the rest of us who find many women to be attractive so he too will find many men to be attractive.

So, we need data for this. Right? We can no longer speculate. We need science. I gave half of the picture in my sex test. The other half is the attraction to men. There is something called the Kinsey scale. I know a bit from trailers.

I think we need to update this for the age of porno, big data and fMRI. So to fix the picture, we would also have porno men with full erections, asking questions. But in this case you would excuse the straight man from spending no more than a few minutes looking at shit.

But seriously this is the whole point of the thread. The scientific method to determine if someone is Born Gay. Or if it is a choice. This test can be performed in many universities in both California and France who are centres for world wide porno industry.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Feb 13th 2014, 11:59 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,080
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
man you are so dumb and lame. make sense. what is the point of this. I just gave "you" as an example. Your way of thinking and speaking. I give you an argument. What's your rebuttal? Find an example.
The flaw starts with your question. You have asked the wrong question and framed the issue around it, just so you don't counter argue what I am saying. Go back and make sense man.
What's the point? Again, if I say you win. You won't win anything. We are here to argue. Argue over the sex thing. Why homosexuality is not a sex thing.

BTW:
True gay movies are not so subtle about what is is really about to be gay. You don't get it from Will and Grace. You get it from "six feet under" and "angels in America".
It is a sex thing. They start out being confused. The media tells them, it is ok. You are "Born This Way". I gave you the counter argument for that. Born this way is impossible. How would the sodomite spread the gene. He doesn't like to fuck.
So, why tell him that he is born this way. If he is confused, why not guide him to what is best "for him".
Nick, you always say that you are not gay. I suspect that you are. But if you are not gay. Then you must like women. What is it about them that you like so much? Just give me an answer for that. Is that so difficult for you?
I'm not in the media.
I've said that I think it's not choice, and you have a right to think it's choice. You have accused the western media of white-washing.

I have just stated my belief, like you've stated your belief.
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Feb 14th 2014, 12:07 AM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
I'm not in the media.
I've said that I think it's not choice, and you have a right to think it's choice. You have accused the western media of white-washing.

I have just stated my belief, like you've stated your belief.
No man. This is not a belief. Dropping an Apple to the floor, and expecting it to hit the floor, is not a belief. It is a fact.
We are here discussing a scientific method to determine if one is born Gay. We are not discussing religion. We are discussing Science. Not beliefs.

I once again call you up on it. You say that you are not gay. therefore you are attracted to women. What is it about them that attracts you?
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Feb 14th 2014, 09:21 AM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
OK. Cool. Now it is interesting. Now you are making sense. You are talking about a man who is born with a sexual desire for another man. This is not specific to one Man. Because just like the rest of us who find many women to be attractive so he too will find many men to be attractive.

So, we need data for this. Right? We can no longer speculate. We need science. I gave half of the picture in my sex test. The other half is the attraction to men. There is something called the Kinsey scale. I know a bit from trailers.

I think we need to update this for the age of porno, big data and fMRI. So to fix the picture, we would also have porno men with full erections, asking questions. But in this case you would excuse the straight man from spending no more than a few minutes looking at shit.

But seriously this is the whole point of the thread. The scientific method to determine if someone is Born Gay. Or if it is a choice. This test can be performed in many universities in both California and France who are centres for world wide porno industry.
I don't think you know much about sexuality at all.

In fact, some Lesbians are aroused by watching male-male pornography. Does that mean that they are attracted to men? Nope it sure doesn't.
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old Feb 14th 2014, 10:01 AM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
I don't think you know much about sexuality at all.

In fact, some Lesbians are aroused by watching male-male pornography. Does that mean that they are attracted to men? Nope it sure doesn't.
we are talking about male sexuality. try again.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old Feb 14th 2014, 10:08 AM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
we are talking about male sexuality. try again.
I frankly have no idea what the hell you are talking about.
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old Feb 14th 2014, 11:06 AM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
I frankly have no idea what the hell you are talking about.
Man I am talking about Male sexuality and you give an example of female sexuality to validate your claim.
Are you saying that men and women are the same when it comes to sex?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old Feb 14th 2014, 11:10 AM
dilettante's Avatar
dilettante dilettante is offline
Moderator
Resident Historian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,082
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
OK. Cool. Now it is interesting. Now you are making sense. You are talking about a man who is born with a sexual desire for another man. This is not specific to one Man. Because just like the rest of us who find many women to be attractive so he too will find many men to be attractive.

So, we need data for this. Right? We can no longer speculate. We need science. I gave half of the picture in my sex test. The other half is the attraction to men. There is something called the Kinsey scale. I know a bit from trailers.

I think we need to update this for the age of porno, big data and fMRI. So to fix the picture, we would also have porno men with full erections, asking questions. But in this case you would excuse the straight man from spending no more than a few minutes looking at shit.

But seriously this is the whole point of the thread. The scientific method to determine if someone is Born Gay. Or if it is a choice. This test can be performed in many universities in both California and France who are centres for world wide porno industry.
Ok. But I fail to see the point of putting together such an elaborate, expensive, (and kinda freaky) experiment.

If, for the sake of argument, we assume a binary division into those men who feel sexually attracted to women and those men who feel sexually attracted to men, what possible reason is there to even suspect that anyone consciously chooses which group to fall into?

All my personal experience with attraction and all my conversation with others on that topic universally confirms that no one just 'decides' who they will be attracted to. Does your experience differ? Did you just decide who you would be sexually attracted to and who you wouldn't?

Put another way, since (for a variety of reasons) none of us are actually going to do an experiment like the kind you suggest, doesn't it make the most sense to presume that homosexual orientation, like all other sexual orientations, is not consciously chosen by the individual?
__________________
kyrie eleison
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 - 2017, DiscussionWorldForum.com