Discussion World Forum  


Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Science

Science From your kid's science project to relativity, this is the place to discuss it.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old Feb 14th 2014, 12:57 PM
dilettante's Avatar
dilettante dilettante is offline
Moderator
Resident Historian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,082
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
The reason I suspect that they choose to be gay is the sexual pleasure that a homosexual can get out of the gay act. As clearly explained in my posts. A gay man enjoys the anal penetration more than a straight man....
That's just tantamount to saying "gay men choose to be gay because they are gay."

If you want to define a homosexual man as someone who enjoys "the gay act," why would you presume that they consciously choose to enjoy it?

Did you consciously choose to enjoy and desire heterosexual sex? Or, upon reaching puberty, did you simply discover that you enjoyed/desired it? Why presume that it's any different for homosexuals?

If your theory is that gay men somehow choose what sexual acts they will enjoy or how much they will enjoy them, a theory which runs counter to all other experiences in which people don't make such choices and which assumes that the many gay men who claim otherwise are all lying to their friends and relatives, then the burden of proof is squarely on you.
__________________
kyrie eleison
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Feb 14th 2014, 01:05 PM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
That's just tantamount to saying "gay men choose to be gay because they are gay."

If you want to define a homosexual man as someone who enjoys "the gay act," why would you presume that they consciously choose to enjoy it?

Did you consciously choose to enjoy and desire heterosexual sex? Or, upon reaching puberty, did you simply discover that you enjoyed/desired it? Why presume that it's any different for homosexuals?

If your theory is that gay men somehow choose what sexual acts they will enjoy or how much they will enjoy them, a theory which runs counter to all other experiences in which people don't make such choices and which assumes that the many gay men who claim otherwise are all lying to their friends and relatives, then the burden of proof is squarely on you.

What are you talking about man. I told you that gay man enjoy gay sex. I also told you that you can enjoy it too. If not with a man (which would require the humiliation aspect), with your wife or girlfriend. Have her stick her finger up your butt.

It is a sexual thing. If you hit puberty or better if you had sex with a woman, then you know that you like it not because of choice. You like the sensation you get from your penis as well as other sensations.

Let us stop talking in nonsensical abstractions. This is measurable. You do not have to think when your penis is feeling. You feel it.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Feb 14th 2014, 01:54 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,823
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
It is a sexual thing. If you hit puberty or better if you had sex with a woman, then you know that you like it not because of choice. You like the sensation you get from your penis as well as other sensations.
The vast majority of males who identify has homosexual state that they were aware of this inclination long before puberty arrived and long before any awareness of sexual experience.

But please, don't let this fact or any other fact interfere with your wild and bizarre speculations about a topic you apparently know nothing about.
__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Feb 14th 2014, 02:44 PM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
The vast majority of males who identify has homosexual state that they were aware of this inclination long before puberty arrived and long before any awareness of sexual experience.

But please, don't let this fact or any other fact interfere with your wild and bizarre speculations about a topic you apparently know nothing about.
Ok cool. How were they aware? What did they feel? Can you give us examples?
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Feb 14th 2014, 03:16 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,080
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
No man. This is not a belief. Dropping an Apple to the floor, and expecting it to hit the floor, is not a belief. It is a fact.
We are here discussing a scientific method to determine if one is born Gay. We are not discussing religion. We are discussing Science. Not beliefs.

I once again call you up on it. You say that you are not gay. therefore you are attracted to women. What is it about them that attracts you?
There's nothing more for me to discuss. You've admitted that the media whitewashing you were talking about was, in fact, me not agreeing with you. That is all I'm going to discuss.

I've told you you are entitled to your belief that gay people choose to be gay (if that is what you believe, which I haven't actually seen you say).

But you are not entitled to tell other people what they have to believe.

Most people in Europe don't hold with the (in my opinion loony) belief that gay people choose to be gay, but you do, and you are perfectly entitled to believe it and say it - what more do you want, exactly. I'm certainly not going to discuss it with you, so what more do you want, apart from the right to say it?
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old Feb 14th 2014, 03:40 PM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
There's nothing more for me to discuss. You've admitted that the media whitewashing you were talking about was, in fact, me not agreeing with you. That is all I'm going to discuss.

I've told you you are entitled to your belief that gay people choose to be gay (if that is what you believe, which I haven't actually seen you say).

But you are not entitled to tell other people what they have to believe.

Most people in Europe don't hold with the (in my opinion loony) belief that gay people choose to be gay, but you do, and you are perfectly entitled to believe it and say it - what more do you want, exactly. I'm certainly not going to discuss it with you, so what more do you want, apart from the right to say it?
Man don't you believe in the scientific method? This is what the Enlightenment was about.
This is what makes the west western. It is rationality in dealing with complex matters.
I am not entitled to a belief about human nature if science prove me wrong. Neither are you.
When you start believing things that science can categorically disprove, then you become irrational.
Irrationality in this day and age is a danger to society. It is also a danger in a democracy. People who cast votes based on Irrational ideas cause great harm. This is how Hitler got elected. You remember Hitler. You remember what the History books tell you what he did.
Do you think he was acting rationally? Do you think that the people who elected him, did so on rational basis? Was he the right rational choice at the time?

See this is Godwin's law. We have been taught online that we should never get there. You know why? Because when we get there we prove that one side is right. We end the discussion. This doesn't help these online forums. They have to keep going. We have to keep discussing and going in circles.

This is the ultimate fallacy of the internet. Instead of delivering on its true potential to be a beacon of democracy, it has become a cesspool of endless circular arguments to convince everyone that there is no truth and that they should give up on democracy.

I for one, will never do so. I will keep fighting for the ideals of truth, justice, democracy. Because these are fundamental christian teachings. For, there is no greater Democrat than Jesus Christ.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old Feb 14th 2014, 03:51 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

What kind of porn would Jesus have watched, I wonder.
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old Feb 14th 2014, 04:06 PM
Dominick's Avatar
Dominick Dominick is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dying Europe
Posts: 3,837
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
See this is Godwin's law. We have been taught online that we should never get there. You know why? Because when we get there we prove that one side is right.
Yes, viz. the side that didn't bring up Hitler.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old Feb 14th 2014, 04:19 PM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
What kind of porn would Jesus have watched, I wonder.
Man, why don't you get it? If I tell you the christian thing, you will just laugh. The christian thing is for a gay man to repent. To leave his unholy husband or whatever and go and see what the priest tells him to do.
The Grace of God will guide him. He will be healed of his psychological and physical afflictions. But the thing is that he will have to believe in Christ.

You guys will laugh. I gave you your own scientific explanations. You saw it, you understood it. You where not able to deny it. So you changed subjects. What is the point. This is a debate forum. If you are right at least make a proper argument. What do you get out of being obstinate?
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old Feb 14th 2014, 04:22 PM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
Yes, viz. the side that didn't bring up Hitler.
Exactly, the world's biggest lie. This in fact is the flaw in the argument. You just scored an internet point, but lost in terms of logic and making sense.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 - 2017, DiscussionWorldForum.com