Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Entertainment

Entertainment Hollywood, Movies, Music, Television, Sports & Celebrities.

View Poll Results: Do you want to hear songs in lots of languages?
Yes 2 50.00%
No 1 25.00%
No, because I want to understand the lyrics 1 25.00%
I don't care, I just like voting in polls. 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 12th 2014, 06:51 AM
Citizen

Default Re: Eurovision

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
King Conchita of Europe
As for leaving Russians out of it, Putin will decide that.
Not a pleasant aesthetic
Old May 12th 2014, 07:36 AM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
...We just do not feel that men with beards dancing around on stage wearing a dress is appropriate, it simply is not. It does not happen here. Dresses are to be worn by women. That is our culture, like it or not.

In our schools, our children are taught how to be good Christians
That sure looks like a bearded guy in a dress to me.

That's the funniest thing about Russians and Muslims. They complain about western gays and make comments about men in dresses. Just look at the Russian priests. They all have beards and wear dresses.

The Muslims are even worse. They ALL have beards and wear dresses.

Russians and Muslims have no business lecturing ANYONE about how to dress. They take orders from men who wear dresses.
Old May 12th 2014, 09:05 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

That's the funniest thing about Russians and Muslims. They complain about western gays and make comments about men in dresses. Just look at the Russian priests. They all have beards and wear dresses.

Russians and Muslims have no business lecturing ANYONE about how to dress. They take orders from men who wear dresses.
Old May 12th 2014, 02:16 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

That is a robe, not a dress. But, I do see your point
Old May 12th 2014, 07:04 PM
Globetrotter

Now I understand why it was necessary for Conchita to look the way he did. The more of this irrational anger and hatred we see at a man simply because he chose to dress like he did, the more I feel he was right to do it. If there are people who are going to hate just because of the way people choose to dress, it's important that we know about it. What the hell right has anyone to go around telling other people what they have to wear?

It makes me very angry to hear such utter bigotry, and I'm now full of admiration for Conchita for his courage.

It has nothing to do with Russian conservatives what an Austrian singer chooses to wear? They clearly think they own the planet.

Well done, again, Conchita - I haven't realised before now how necessary it was for someone like you to come along, and show the world how much irrational hatred there is.
Old May 13th 2014, 03:31 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
You constantly express concern about Russians' attitudes toward gays. Not only you. Some of your highly cultured European compatriots, Danish ones, saw fit to wave rainbow flags and shout jeers in the faces of two teenage girls because they don't like their country's social policies. How very civilized of them.

Look, I like you, I think you are a great chap, fun to talk to about a variety of topics here. But, speaking for most here, we are tired, of Europe and the West constantly criticizing everything we do, and acting like you all are so much better than us You are not. You have your messes and we have ours. As far as our gays, if they do not like it here, get on a plane, go elsewhere. Many do, I have written about it here. We do not even mind those gays that do choose to stay here and live with us, as long as they keep their gayness to themselves, in private, just as we heterosexuals should, and most normal people do, keep our sexual lives in private.

We do not want gay "parades" in our streets; or transvestites with beards singing on national stages. We do not, and it will not happen here. Europeans should just accept this, and then we can all move on and try to make a more productive relationship, as neighbors.
On that first thing that I've put in bold - I repeat, you've also expressed concern about gay people in Russia - have you changed your mind? You haven't told us you have - have you?

On the second thing that I've in bold - how can you keep a straight face and say Russian conservatives are tired of Europeans telling them how to live, when Russian conservatives are constantly telling Euroeans how to live and dress (like last weekend).

The more I think about it the more absurd it seems how utterly furious Russian conservatives were just because he had long hair, make-up and a beard.
Old May 15th 2014, 03:36 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
You constantly express concern about Russians' attitudes toward gays. Not only you. Some of your highly cultured European compatriots, Danish ones, saw fit to wave rainbow flags and shout jeers in the faces of two teenage girls because they don't like their country's social policies. How very civilized of them.

Look, I like you, I think you are a great chap, fun to talk to about a variety of topics here. But, speaking for most here, we are tired, of Europe and the West constantly criticizing everything we do,
On that first thing that I've put in bold - I repeat, you've also expressed concern about gay people in Russia - have you changed your mind? You haven't told us you have - have you?

On the second thing that I've in bold - how can you keep a straight face and say Russian conservatives are tired of Europeans telling them how to live, when Russian conservatives are constantly telling Euroeans how to live and dress (like last weekend).

The more I think about it the more absurd it seems how utterly furious Russian conservatives were just because he had long hair, make-up and a beard.
Quote:
We do not even mind those gays that do choose to stay here and live with us, as long as they keep their gayness to themselves, in private, just as we heterosexuals should, and most normal people do, keep our sexual lives in private.
Oh, you're saying the same rule applies to gay people as applies to heterosexual people?

A boss asks a male worker if he can work an extra evening two days later. The male worker says "I can't, it's my girl friend's birthday".

Another boss asks a male worker if he can work an extra evening two days later. The male worker (to the boss's surprise) says "I can't, it's my boy friend's birthday."

Two questions, YouYourselfAndYou;

What is the likelihood that the two workers can expect the same future treatment from their boss?

Do you think it's very easy to keep one's long-term relationship a secret from society for many years?

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; May 15th 2014 at 03:43 AM.
Old May 15th 2014, 03:51 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:

Oh, you're saying the same rule applies to gay people as applies to heterosexual people?

A boss asks a male worker if he can work an extra evening two days later. The male worker says "I can't, it's my girl friend's birthday".

Another boss asks a male worker if he can work an extra evening two days later. The male worker (to the boss's surprise) says "I can't, it's my boy friend's birthday."

Two questions, YouYourselfAndYou;

What is the likelihood that the two workers can expect the same future treatment from their boss?

Do you think it's very easy to keep one's long-term relationship a secret from society for many years?
A. I am still concerned about violence toward sexual minorities, still think it is wrong, of course.

B. Yes, here in Russia the second worker in your example can expect a bad result from that.

C. I agree the situation for gays is not good here. But what Europe needs to understand, is that by attacking us as a nation, booing our singers at Eurovision, etc, you will not change these attitudes here, but only harden them, in defiance.
Old May 15th 2014, 03:55 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
A. I am still concerned about violence toward sexual minorities, still think it is wrong, of course.

B. Yes, here in Russia the second worker in your example can expect a bad result from that.

C. I agree the situation for gays is not good here. But what Europe needs to understand, is that by attacking us as a nation, booing our singers at Eurovision, etc, you will not change these attitudes here, but only harden them, in defiance.
A. That's good to hear.

B. So perhaps you were wrong when you implied that it was the same situation for gay people as for heterosexual people?

C. Well, maybe. I hope not.

As for Conchia, I think his action will help gay people. He drew homophobia towards his dress style, and after the shock has had a chance to subside gay people who don't cross-dress will be viewed as 'normal' by heterosexual Russians. But we'll see. I hope I'm right.

And finally, you didn't answer my question about whether you think it's easy to keep one's relationship secret from society for many years. Could you, please?

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; May 15th 2014 at 04:02 AM.
Old May 15th 2014, 04:10 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
A. That's good to hear.

B. So perhaps you were wrong when you implied that it was the same situation for gay people as for heterosexual people?

C. Well, maybe. I hope not.

As for Conchia, I think his action will help gay people. He drew homophobia towards his dress style, and after the shock has had a chance to subside gay people who don't cross-dress will be viewed as 'normal' by heterosexual Russians. But we'll see. I hope I'm right.

And finally, you didn't answer my question about whether you think it's easy to keep one's relationship secret from society for many years. Could you, please?
Depends who you are. If you are a powerful person, you can, easily. Stalin died back in 1953, and new details and theories about his myriads of lovers are coming out to this day