Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Other Forums > Crusader Kings II

Crusader Kings II Do you like to play Crusader Kings? Looking for help, tips or strategies?

Old Nov 14th 2014, 02:23 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Default Changing a Ruler's Culture

Trick for Changing a Ruler's Culture

When playing the Norman conquest of England, there is an event that will pop-up in the early decades of the 12th century that offers the chance for the king to adopt English culture. I like to take that option and start building longbow ranges in all my demesne holdings.

The problem is that if you have an adult heir when you do that, if/when you die, your new ruler will be Norman again, so all those lovely longbow ranges you just built with the converted English king all disappear. If your heir is a minor, then you can get his culture changed to English so no problem - but not with an adult son.

I suspect this problem would be the same for any situation where a ruler changes culture via some game event (there are quite a few of them in the game that do this).

Anyway, what I learned was that when my Norman king accepts the English culture change event, the trick is to save the game and exit. When I reload the game, my adult son and heir now has the same culture as his father (English) - as does all of my blood family who are in my court at that time.

Doing this save/exit/reload seems to eliminate the culture flip-flopping between the King and his adult son/heir.