Discussion World Forum  


Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Science

Science From your kid's science project to relativity, this is the place to discuss it.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old Feb 13th 2014, 11:02 AM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
Did you choose who to be attracted to?

I didn't. I have a thing for petite brunettes, but as best I can tell I had no hand in choosing that preference. In fact, pretty much all my experience with physical attraction demonstrates that it is something my consciousness is [often unwillingly] affected by, not something I consciously choose to create.

Why would I assume that the attraction experienced by gay men and lesbians is any different?

And really, if we can really just choose what sexual orientation we want, who in their right mind would ever choose one that invites so much social stigma and persecution?
Fine. I gave you a scientific test. I am not able to do it here in Lebanon. They will burn me at a stake. Go and get it to some European and American university.
And while you are at it, I am willing to volunteer. Not that I like to watch porno women play with their pussies. It is my experiment. So I am willing to do this for the sake of science.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Feb 13th 2014, 11:04 AM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
Any examples of this alleged 'whitewashing'?
Being a westerner, I think most westerners think to themselves;
"a) I don't choose who I'm attracted to, so probably neither do gay people
b) If they could choose, what possible motive could they have for choosing to be a group that is persecuted so many places all round the world, and by so many people,
"
and conclude that they haven't chosen.

But if you have examples of media articles which have hypnotised people, then please post them.
Can you describe a sexual experience you have had with a women?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Feb 13th 2014, 11:29 AM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,835
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Oy vey.
Yes, that about sums up my thoughts exactly!
__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Feb 13th 2014, 11:33 AM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,835
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
You have to give a reason for your argument (why it is not a choice), or else this is not a debate. And in this case it was useless for you to enter the discussion.
This is laughable.

You have given no justification or support for your own assertions.

As others have pointed out, the assertion that homosexuality is a "choice" is so laughable and so discredited that it cannot be taken seriously.
__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Feb 13th 2014, 11:35 AM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,835
Default Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
Can you describe a sexual experience you have had with a women?
WTF?

This thread is going from the absurd to surreal.
__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Feb 13th 2014, 12:07 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

I'm kind of at a loss as to where this thread is supposed to be heading.
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Feb 13th 2014, 02:34 PM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

It is simple I am using the scientific method. You don't understand this stuff. It is typical internet BS. But that's ok. it is entertainment as far as I am concerned.
All three of you guys don't make sense. You are making several logical flaws.

Here, this will sum up everything in a simple way using an analogy (google what that means):
Here's is how I am explaining things:
"All men are mortals"
"Socrates is a man"
"Therefore Socrates is mortal".

This is what you guys are saying:
"No Socrates has a soul, it is so obvious"
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Feb 13th 2014, 03:33 PM
dilettante's Avatar
dilettante dilettante is offline
Moderator
Resident Historian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,082
Default Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
It is simple I am using the scientific method.
No, you're not. All you've done is explain your idea for a bizarre experiment that you've never conducted and thus don't know the results of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
You don't understand this stuff. It is typical internet BS. But that's ok. it is entertainment as far as I am concerned.
All three of you guys don't make sense. You are making several logical flaws.

Here, this will sum up everything in a simple way using an analogy (google what that means):
Here's is how I am explaining things:
"All men are mortals"
"Socrates is a man"
"Therefore Socrates is mortal".

This is what you guys are saying:
"No Socrates has a soul, it is so obvious"
Physical attractions are not consciously chosen.
Homosexuality is one sort of a physical attraction.
Ergo, homosexuality is not consciously chosen.

That's a gross oversimplification, but at least it fits within your preferred format.
__________________
kyrie eleison
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Feb 13th 2014, 03:59 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

So what exactly are the parameters of this supposed experiment?
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Feb 13th 2014, 05:40 PM
Dominick's Avatar
Dominick Dominick is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dying Europe
Posts: 3,837
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
If psychology and the way people think is genetic then people would always tend to be like their parents. Gay people come from straight parents, and therefore they would be straight, according to your logic.
Um, no. Did you even read what I wrote ? You're thinking in far too reductionist terms about genetics.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 - 2017, DiscussionWorldForum.com