Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Sports

Sports Basketball, baseball, football, hockey, soccer, Olympics, World Cup, fantasy leagues and/or anything else sports related.

Old Dec 7th 2009, 11:39 AM
Globetrotter

Default Tiger Woods

A seventh woman has stepped forward identifying herself as a Tiger Woods mistress, with speculation being the number will exceed a dozen. These are just the ongoing affairs, not spur-of-the-moment urges.

When did the man find time to play golf?
Old Dec 7th 2009, 11:50 AM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Default Re: Tiger Woods

Got this in the morning email from some coworker...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eltigre.jpg (46.8 KB, 1 views)
Old Dec 7th 2009, 02:28 PM
This wine needs more whisky

I was wondering when good ol Tiger Woods was going to be brought up here. I try to ignore the issue as much as possible, but it is quite the topic on ESPN and SportsCenter, which I do watch.

I find it as no surprise whatsoever that this "famous sports star" cheated (numerous) times on his wife, and I'm sure this isn't shocking news to anyone else here either. I actually am more surprised to hear that Ron Artest admitted to drinking bourbon during halftime of games...

Maybe it is what they said on ESPN that rings true and is so "shocking" about this coming out: This is the first time that stories of a golfer have come out like this. I am not much of a golf fan, but one never hears of infidelities or car wrecks from a professional golfer. The golfing world is well...boring and quiet, much like the game.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 02:32 PM
Official Forum Geek

I think Artest is full of shit. With all of the sweating involved in playing basketball and close quarters/team huddles, someone would have smelled it on him.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 02:36 PM
This wine needs more whisky

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgoodtrips View Post
I think Artest is full of shit. With all of the sweating involved in playing basketball and close quarters/team huddles, someone would have smelled it on him.
Probably so...But! He is known as an angry, black man with lots of money! With all the violent outbursts he's had in the past, who would want to say anything to him?
Old Dec 7th 2009, 02:45 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunk Girl View Post
I was wondering when good ol Tiger Woods was going to be brought up here. I try to ignore the issue as much as possible, but it is quite the topic on ESPN and SportsCenter, which I do watch.

I find it as no surprise whatsoever that this "famous sports star" cheated (numerous) times on his wife, and I'm sure this isn't shocking news to anyone else here either. I actually am more surprised to hear that Ron Artest admitted to drinking bourbon during halftime of games...

Maybe it is what they said on ESPN that rings true and is so "shocking" about this coming out: This is the first time that stories of a golfer have come out like this. I am not much of a golf fan, but one never hears of infidelities or car wrecks from a professional golfer. The golfing world is well...boring and quiet, much like the game.
I've noticed that the media is extremely selective about whose affairs are newsworthy and whose are not.

The real question is, why are Tiger's affairs newsworthy now and the countless affairs of previous golf stars not at all?

Indeed, the private affairs of sports stars is normally entirely offlimits provided no illegality occured. Why the special treatment of Tiger Woods?

I can't even think of another famous sports star where the media considers 'adultery' to be a huge issue. I find this issue far more interesting than Tiger Woods and who he's sleeping with. I couldn't care less who Tiger is sleeping with.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 03:02 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgoodtrips View Post
Maybe the other players were also having a snort?
Old Dec 7th 2009, 03:14 PM
Official Forum Lutheran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I've noticed that the media is extremely selective about whose affairs are newsworthy and whose are not.

The real question is, why are Tiger's affairs newsworthy now and the countless affairs of previous golf stars not at all?

Indeed, the private affairs of sports stars is normally entirely offlimits provided no illegality occured. Why the special treatment of Tiger Woods?

I can't even think of another famous sports star where the media considers 'adultery' to be a huge issue. I find this issue far more interesting than Tiger Woods and who he's sleeping with. I couldn't care less who Tiger is sleeping with.
Money my friend, money. The other Golfers were not the inaugurated as Jesus, Jack Nicklaus, and the human advertising campaign all rolled into one. Ratings for Golf are nearly cut in half when Tiger doesn't play.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 03:18 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non Sequitur View Post
Money my friend, money. The other Golfers were not the inaugurated as Jesus, Jack Nicklaus, and the human advertising campaign all rolled into one. Ratings for Golf are nearly cut in half when Tiger doesn't play.
So professional golf fans aren't really interested golf, but only celebrity?

That makes golf fans look even more pathetic than I already consider them to be!

Though, I must say, your analysis does fit the facts.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 03:23 PM
Official Forum Lutheran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
So professional golf fans aren't really interested golf, but only celebrity?

That makes golf fans look even more pathetic than I already consider them to be!

Though, I must say, your analysis does fit the facts.
Well, lets take me for example. I typically don't watch Golf, but I will watch Tiger sometimes just to see if he will get closer to breaking the record for PGA tour wins and over come Jack. I'm not all that interested in Golf itself, but I am interesting in seeing sporting greatness. That's the kind of people that watch Golf. The hard core fans will watch no matter what.