Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Sports

Sports Basketball, baseball, football, hockey, soccer, Olympics, World Cup, fantasy leagues and/or anything else sports related.

Old Oct 28th 2012, 08:51 AM
Globetrotter

Default Re: Armstrong scrapped from Tour results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Yes. I'm accusing you of chasing a fool's dream. There are no innocents.
But when I first used the word 'innocents' I explained that what I meant by that term was people who hadn't got caught yet. I am just surprised that you picked me up on the use of 'innocents' despite the fact that my specific definition of that term was there for all to see.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 05:38 AM
Globetrotter

Well, Armstrong was so desperate to be welcomed back into decent society that he set up an interview with Oprah. Personally, I can't really see that his meeting made much of a difference - people are forgetting about it, and forgetting about him.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 04:34 PM
Globetrotter

As I said, he was so desperate to get back into decent society, that he himself got in touch with Oprah for the interview. That act in itself is grovelling. Oh well, he will for ever be a cheat 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 06:29 AM
Globetrotter

In each of Lance Armstrong's races there was at least one non-doped cyclist who never got his gold medal, and is still walking around today deserving of that gold medal, but was cheated of it.

This is not Armstrong's fault - he was punished, along with the other drugged-up cyclists. This is the fault of the cycling federation who haven't sought out the deserving gold medallist who finished behind all the dopies, but who was the fastest of the clean cyclists. To the international cycling federation, when are you going to give those gold medals which you owe to those cyclists???

And to anyone who says they finished 24th, or whatever, they DIDN'T finish 24th. They finished FIRST!
Old Sep 17th 2013, 09:42 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
In each of Lance Armstrong's races there was at least one non-doped cyclist who never got his gold medal, and is still walking around today deserving of that gold medal, but was cheated of it.

This is not Armstrong's fault - he was punished, along with the other drugged-up cyclists. This is the fault of the cycling federation who haven't sought out the deserving gold medallist who finished behind all the dopies, but who was the fastest of the clean cyclists. To the international cycling federation, when are you going to give those gold medals which you owe to those cyclists???

And to anyone who says they finished 24th, or whatever, they DIDN'T finish 24th. They finished FIRST!
Care to name them ?
Old Sep 17th 2013, 09:46 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
Care to name them ?
I've no idea who they are.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 09:47 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
I've no idea who they are.
Neither do the UCI or the ASO or anyone else.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 09:50 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Neither do the UCI or the ASO or anyone else.
I wouldn't have thought they could be ignorant about that. I believe that somewhere, in the public domain there is a list of all the entrants on each Tour de France. I also believe that the public has access to all the cyclists who were found guilty. As such, it will be possible to see who was the fastest cyclist not to have been found guilty.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 10:07 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
I wouldn't have thought they could be ignorant about that. I believe that somewhere, in the public domain there is a list of all the entrants on each Tour de France. I also believe that the public has access to all the cyclists who were found guilty. As such, it will be possible to see who was the fastest cyclist not to have been found guilty.
Strictly technically speaking that would actually be Armstrong. His case wouldn't stand up in a real court. The whole anti-doping system operates in a very grey area in legal terms. The whole whereabouts system for instance is blatantly illegal in Europe. That the sports world is self-governing and pretty much outside of the actual legal system may very well be the fundamental problem.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 10:51 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Strictly technically speaking that would actually be Armstrong. His case wouldn't stand up in a real court. The whole anti-doping system operates in a very grey area in legal terms. The whole whereabouts system for instance is blatantly illegal in Europe. That the sports world is self-governing and pretty much outside of the actual legal system may very well be the fundamental problem.
Well, at least they took the title away from Armstrong. I'd have preferred them to give it to the fastest contestant not to have been found guilty, then it would have given us someone to congratulate, instead of just someone to condemn. And it would have helped us to forget about the cheats.

Oh well.