Discussion World Forum  


Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Sports

Sports Basketball, baseball, football, hockey, soccer, Olympics, World Cup, fantasy leagues and/or anything else sports related.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old Aug 26th 2011, 01:45 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,082
Default Re: Russian National Football Team wives and gir

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunk Guy View Post
But you are judging. You have to judge what is and isn't abiding by scripture.
If you insist on calling it judging (what I do), then dillitante should at least get his facts right regarding who I'm 'judging'.

I'm not judging Christians who fail to follow scripture.
I'm judging Christians who fail to follow scripture, and then judge other people who fail to follow scripture.
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Aug 26th 2011, 01:59 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Russian National Football Team wives and gir

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
I'm judging Christians who fail to follow scripture, and then judge other people who fail to follow scripture.
If that is the case, it merely makes them hypocrites. Not "less religious."

Your constant harping that Russia can't be getting more religious as a society because of reasons X, Y, Z, or banging gypsies, is completely unfounded in logic.
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Aug 26th 2011, 02:02 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,082
Default Re: Russian National Football Team wives and gir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
If that is the case, it merely makes them hypocrites. Not "less religious."

Your constant harping that Russia can't be getting more religious as a society because of reasons X, Y, Z, or banging gypsies, is completely unfounded in logic.
I'm speaking their language - they claim that others can't be religious because they do x, so I say that they can't be religious because they do y.

But of course the reality is, as you say, stinking hypocrisy on the part of those judgmental people. Christians who are not judgmental are of course, not hypocrites, whatever they do.
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Aug 26th 2011, 02:05 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Russian National Football Team wives and gir

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
I'm speaking their language - they claim that others can't be religious because they do x, so I say that they can't be religious because they do y.
Sorry, you don't get a say.
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Aug 26th 2011, 02:17 PM
dilettante's Avatar
dilettante dilettante is offline
Moderator
Resident Historian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,082
Default Re: Russian National Football Team wives and gir

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
I'm speaking their language
That seems unlikely, since the only Russian here disagrees with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
- they claim that others can't be religious because they do x, so I say that they can't be religious because they do y.
That makes it sound like you're talking very different languages.

To them, being religious is about X; to you, apparently, it's about Y (or both X and Y). Either way, it's apparent that "religious" doesn't mean to them what it means to you.
__________________
kyrie eleison
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Aug 26th 2011, 02:21 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,082
Default Re: Russian National Football Team wives and gir

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
That seems unlikely, since the only Russian here disagrees with you.



That makes it sound like you're talking very different languages.

To them, being religious is about X; to you, apparently, it's about Y (or both X and Y). Either way, it's apparent that "religious" doesn't mean to them what it means to you.
Fine, but then a question emerges, namely what is it abot some teachings that make them ignore-able, and others that make them un-ignore-able.

Since I don't discriminate between any of Christ's teachings, I can't answer that question.

MeMyselfandI has told us that he's an agnostic, so it isn't his language I'm speaking.
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Aug 26th 2011, 03:26 PM
MeMyselfAndI MeMyselfAndI is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 6,453
Default Re: Russian National Football Team wives and gir

Okay, everyone, I do not know if I agree or disagree with Nick. Statistics show that the number of Russian citizens who consider themselves observant Orthodox Christians has grown by 12% in 2010, compared to the previous 2 years: http://www.psmb.ru/aktualnoe/vse_nov...hilos-no-proc/

37% of Orthdox today, according to the same survey, are so-called "non-Church Orthodox". This is mostly young people, urban, who do not have the means or time, to regularly go to church, but still are very much loyal, faithful Orthodox Christians. They pray at home, they believe that human life beings at conception, not at birth, and they have a higher tendency then the atheists to donate blood or even organs.

31% are Orthodox who "go to church when possible". These are mainly families, who do try to come to all the services, masses, prayers, Cross marches and such, but cannot always be there, due to having other matters in their lives: children to care for, work to be done. Otherwise, they are, too, very much attached to their faith, same as the previous group.

There is also a small 'hard core' 4%, mostly elder generation and, interestingly, mostly women (well, explainable: women in Russia live 12 years longer than men, 72 to 74 years vs 60 to 62, so they constitute a powerful majority of the elder generation). These people are in church all the time, they do not miss a single event. The women always wear head scarves (well, you've seen pictures of those babushkas ) And they always sit on benches outside churches and chide youth that walks by for not being adherent enough.

Certainly, more families today Christen their newly born infants




In fact, in some birth clinics, they now have a priest and a a holy water tun on the spot, so the new parents don't have to go looking for a church




And there is now a newly re-established tradition. Evgeny Rodionov, a Russian, Orthodox Christian soldier was taken prisoner by the rebels in Chechnya and executed eventually. Supposedly he was killed because he refused to convert to Islam, refused to the last to take off the Cross from his neck. Now, the hard-line Orthodox nationalists, including Cossacks, have had him canonized, and declared a "martyr for the faith"

New icon: "Great Martyr Warrior Evgeny". Like Orthodox version of Wahabit shahid.

Well, the Cossacks canonize and 'martyr' every man of their that has the misfortune of dying at war, particularly if it is a war against the "non-faithful", meaning non-Orthodox. Even if the man died in a accident, he is still 'martyrized' and they make a new icon of him... In their schools, icons of 'martyrs' hang upon the entrance. Every Cossack child has to salute and say a prayer to them as he or she enters.

So, no, Nick, there are plenty of people in this country who certainly fell like they are religious,
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Aug 26th 2011, 03:32 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,082
Default Re: Russian National Football Team wives and gir

MeMyselfandI,

!. people in Scandinavia or Britain would find it very strange to consider oneself religious, and at the same tome think it's okay to have a sexy calendar with women with implants. Do Russians see no conflict here?

2. How do Russians feel about Jesus's emphasis on forgiveness?

3. Do Russians love their neighbour?

4. Do Russians think you should gather treasures on earth?

5. Sex before marriage? Do Russians avoid this?
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Aug 26th 2011, 03:52 PM
MeMyselfAndI MeMyselfAndI is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 6,453
Default Re: Russian National Football Team wives and gir

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
MeMyselfandI,

!. people in Scandinavia or Britain would find it very strange to consider oneself religious, and at the same tome think it's okay to have a sexy calendar with women with implants. Do Russians see no conflict here?
Nick, I've been trying to explain this to you for ages. There is not one Russia. There are two Russias, at least. I would say, in fact, there are three. There is the Russia of Putin and his rich and powerful ministers, generals, and oligarchs, and their children, the Gold Youth. This is the about 5% of the population who own everything and run the country. By origin, the people up there are Orthodox, Muslim, Jewish, and a few Buddhists too, and Moscow Mayor Sobyanin's mother is Khanty and those people worship fire. But, I believe, and most of us do, that those people have only one God among them: money.

Then, there is the Russia of regular people in Moscow and other large cities. This is the Russian middle class. Modest to somewhat religious, whatever confession they are; educated; work in respectable jobs: engineers, university professors, artists, journalists, etc.

And then, you have The Village. Very little education, take what jobs are available to them, and worship God or Allah or Buddha with all their heart, because they don't really have anything else, it is eitehr go to church/mosque/temple or grab a bottle of samogon (home made vodka) and drink oneself to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
2. How do Russians feel about Jesus's emphasis on forgiveness?
Well... Georgia bombed South Ossetia in August of '08. Did we forgive them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
3. Do Russians love their neighbour?
See previous

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
4. Do Russians think you should gather treasures on earth?
If you mean money, yes. We love money. Doesn't everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
5. Sex before marriage? Do Russians avoid this?
I don't know, did I post, about a year ago, about a girl in Yakutia, Northern Siberia, 12 years old, who was pregnant and tehy had to take her birth right in her school's Biology classroom?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Aug 26th 2011, 04:06 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,082
Default Re: Russian National Football Team wives and gir

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
(how do Russians feel about Jesus's emphasis on forgiveness?)


Well... Georgia bombed South Ossetia in August of '08. Did we forgive them?

(Do Russians love their neighbour?)

See previous



Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post

If you mean money, yes. We love money. Doesn't everyone.


Well, I love being alive, and since money is necessary for that purpose, I can say that I love money.

But I am not interested in having a fast car, or a big house. I don't earn that much, but I love my work.

I'm interested in reading, running and learning languages and history.
__________________
Europe

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; Aug 26th 2011 at 04:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 - 2017, DiscussionWorldForum.com