Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Politics & Current Events > U.S. Politics

U.S. Politics Congress, elections, government and discussion of all US political issues.

Closed Thread

Old Dec 2nd 2016, 09:43 PM
Globetrotter

Default Re: The Trump Regime

A hedge fund manager (from Goldmann Sachs or what did you think) as Secretary of the Treasury and a Secretary of Defense with the nickname Mad Dog.

We can add Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb to the long list of previously dystopian literature and cinema in which we now actually live.

Wall Street and the DoD are going to rob the public fund blind to an extent never seen before, even in the US. Those poor disenfranchised working class people who voted for Trump as their champion are going to get one thing out of this: they're going to get a LOT of company.
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 10:39 PM
Official Forum Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
A hedge fund manager (from Goldmann Sachs or what did you think) as Secretary of the Treasury and a Secretary of Defense with the nickname Mad Dog.

We can add Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb to the long list of previously dystopian literature and cinema in which we now actually live.

Wall Street and the DoD are going to rob the public fund blind to an extent never seen before, even in the US. Those poor disenfranchised working class people who voted for Trump as their champion are going to get one thing out of this: they're going to get a LOT of company.
I'm going to try not to spend too much time enjoying the misery of regretful voters, but I'm still really angry and so:

https://trumpgrets.tumblr.com/
Old Dec 3rd 2016, 02:17 AM
Cranky Curmudgeon

Here's a sober analysis by Paul Craig Roberts.

Maybe he's grasping at straws, but he offers a ray of hope:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/12/...-appointments/
Old Dec 5th 2016, 10:49 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
I'm going to try not to spend too much time enjoying the misery of regretful voters, but I'm still really angry and so:

https://trumpgrets.tumblr.com/
Fuck'em. No, seriously. Fuck. Them. There's no point in regrets after the facts. The thing is done. These and other gullible dumbfucks have no excuses whatsoever. There have been and there are new completely predictable similar cases all the time and on top of that it's never been easier to get access to proper information. If you choose to be led by PR, spin and propaganda then it's just that, a choice.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 06:45 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

I still find this whole President Trump thing too surreal.

I mean, did Americans really just elect this guy to be President? Really?

American voters are just way too far out there (so far out there they've fallen off the fucking edge!).

Given my known interest/knowlege of US politics, I can't say how many people have asked me to explain this Trump victory thing to them. I say simply, remember, they elected George W Fucking Bush - twice. They apparently like electing idiots/morons.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 07:31 PM
Official Forum Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

American voters are just way too far out there (so far out there they've fallen off the fucking edge!).

Given my known interest/knowlege of US politics, I can't say how many people have asked me to explain this Trump victory thing to them. I say simply, remember, they elected George W Fucking Bush - twice. They apparently like electing idiots/morons.
Nah it's more than that. I think there is a nihilism running through our democracy right now that wasn't there with Bush.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 08:49 PM
This wine needs more whisky

A lot of the ' young' voters around here voted third party.

Over the weekend, TDGuy and I were talking about Trump's recent blunders. My 18 yo sister made it very clear reminding us that she didn't like either candidate and she didn't really care about what Trump did.

Being the only biracial one in the family makes for good times
Old Dec 6th 2016, 09:13 AM
Resident Historian

Quote:

Yeah...it's still hard to believe. I keep expecting it to somehow all fall apart, like maybe Trump will announce it was all a publicity stunt or something. Looks less and less likely, though...

Quote:
I think we're a world away from where the nation was with W. Remember, Bush ran after being the successful governor of the country's second largest state, his calling card was "compassionate conservatism," and if it hadn't been for 9/11 his first term priority was going to be passing comprehensive immigration reform.

Trump is the very antithesis of all that.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 10:51 AM
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunk Girl View Post
My 18 yo sister made it very clear reminding us that she didn't like either candidate and she didn't really care about what Trump did.
What does she care about then?

When does something af-fect her ..?

Seriously ...
Old Dec 6th 2016, 11:12 AM
Official Forum Lutheran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunk Girl View Post
A lot of the ' young' voters around here voted third party.

Over the weekend, TDGuy and I were talking about Trump's recent blunders. My 18 yo sister made it very clear reminding us that she didn't like either candidate and she didn't really care about what Trump did.

Being the only biracial one in the family makes for good times
I'm pastor to a primarily African-American community. The fear is, especially from a lot of our kids, is palpable right now.